Sunday 9 September 2012

Some recent retail finds and mini projects

Just a quick update to show some of my recent finds, in both regular retail stores and my favourite thrift stores too!

1. Candle piece on coffee table
 

I snagged the silvered plate at goodwill for 99cents, the two candles were bought at work (Hobby Lobby) on clearance for $1.89 each and then add on my 15% discount. The marbles were also bought from hobby Lobby, they came in a pretty big bag (about double what is shown here) for $2.99, and I then used my 40% off coupon and 15% employee discount too! A pretty good deal for a cute little table piece I think



2. Mini Christmas tree

I picked this up from Goodwill for $1.78, At work (Hobby Lobby) we have an aisle of ornaments called "tree for me" which are small and designed for the mini trees like this, so I picked up this tree in anticipation of buying some for it. Currently all Christmas decor is 40% off, so I am going to start picking up some things and getting ready to decorate! My little tree shall be displayed right by the front door on our little entryway table.



3. Doggie station

I had seen this on pinterest where someone used one of the modular storage boxes to keep dog food and just thought it was a genius idea! The medium modular box i used was $8.50 from walmart, The placemat I have on top of it was 25cents at goodwill and the dog bowls were $3.99 for both at ross dress for less.

I added the 3 drawer rolling black storage drawers next to it to keep their treats, grooming tools and medicines in. I plan to eventually mod podge the drawers and label them, but alas haven't got round to it yet!

To the right of those is where there dog toys are kept. The cute little basket was bought in England for about $10 when I was home visiting family.

(P.S Please ignore the messy carpet they had a new kind of cow hoof today which broke up way too easily, and thus bits ALL-OVER the carpet.... not buying those again!)



4. Bathroom storage unit
 

I had been trying to find a narrow stand or organizer for the bathroom for a while but had no luck, I actually bought 2 from Walmart but had to return both as neither fit right. This little one I bought from ross dress for Less for $10.99, It has a small shelf up top, a hanging magazine part and then a shelf across the bottom. It was exactly what I needed :)



No comments:

Post a Comment